The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria Training School was established in 1979. It is guided by provisions of the Convention of International Civil Aviation Organization and the related ICAO Standard and Recommend Practices (SARPs) as well as FAAN Cap 5 laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
VISION: To be amongst the best Global Aviation Training Schools with track record of prompt training and accomplishment.
MISSION: To provide Human Capital Training and Development Services in the most effective, efficient, professional and technically-driven manner consistent with Aviation Global Standards and Recommended Practices.
The Training School has the mandate to:
- Plan, develop, manage, regulate, coordinate and operate a safe, economically viable and efficient Training facility in line with Civil Aviation System in Nigeria and in accordance with best global practices
- Identify Training needs in all areas of knowledge, skill and attitudinal development
- Develop, implement and coordinate Training programmes to meet internal and external needs.
- Evaluate the Training effectiveness afterwards
- Provide facility for various Training programmes for Stakeholders, Training Consultants and International Training Organizations in both aviation and other fields
To successfully achieve the Vision, Mission and Mandate, as stated above, FAAN Training School priorities are to:
- Establish an International Aviation Training School of excellence with concerted efforts to make the centre more equipped and habitable
- Enhance customer service
- Be financially sustainable
- Ensure availability of skilled Manpower to execute effectively the delivery of high quality service
- Provide appropriate training equipment, training facilities and conducive environment
- Comply with statutory training obligations
- Provide Training appropriate to the needs of particular individuals and groups of employees locally and internationally